Are you a skilled craftsperson with a critical eye for details? Are you driven to reflect upon your work and improve, and to help others to do the same? Are you looking for a firm where these skills will be appreciated and supported, where you can contribute to the shared success of the team and to a firm where there is plenty of room for growth?
With nearly 30 years in the business, RareField Design/Build (formerly Paxton Gate Design/Build) has a portfolio of beautiful work, and plenty more on the boards. We are looking to find a belts-on Lead or Foreman who answers “yes” to the the questions above. In your role at RareField, you will manage and work side-by-side with a small team while producing high quality, carpentry-heavy gardens. You’ll experience the pride of overseeing the construction of projects that dramatically transform spaces and clients’ lives, all while we endeavor to change the stereotypes associated with the construction industry. If this feels like a unique opportunity to you, if it feels right, please read on.
We are a General Contracting and Design-Build firm with a focus on outdoor spaces. We take great pride in each project from initial concept through Design, Construction, and including Fine Gardening and follow-up Maintenance Services. We value our clients and our crew and endeavor to keep everyone on our team fully employed throughout the year. If you would like to be a respected member of a tight-knit crew, working on some of the best projects in San Francisco, please respond by sending a Cover Letter and Resume detailing your experience and motivation. Feel free to include some photos of your work as part of your application.
We offer a competitive pay for qualified applicants and a complete package of benefits including Healthcare, Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, and Vacation, as well as other perks.
Please be sure to check out our Website and Social Media Accounts to see examples of our work here and at https://www.facebook.com/RarefieldSF/.
Position requirements below:
- Required: 7+ years of relevant, professional carpentry and garden experience.
- Required: Ability to lead a team, mobilize subs and create punch lists and schedules to effectively run a project.
- Required: Exterior/Interior Framing through finish Carpentry Skills, especially regarding Decks, Fences, other Outdoor Structures, Windows, and Doors.
- Required: A positive attitude and respect for the collaborative nature of the work.
- Required: A truck or van capable of hauling lumber and materials. (We typically use delivery services but reimburse for mileage when an employee vehicle is used).
- Experience with stone walls, stone patios and other masonry
- Experience installing modern drip irrigation, sweating copper, and landscape lighting.
- Experience with proper soil preparation and planting, as well as familiarity with locally appropriate plant-stock.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FEEL YOU’RE QUALIFIED
Submit a cover letter, resume, samples of your work and any questions by email or mail (RareField Design/Build, 870 Valencia Street, SF 94110)
No drop-ins please.